Tags

, , ,

After approximately a month after starting this project I can announce that my “Elder Tree Shawl” is complete. Here it is:
IMG_1110

I had to take some breaks from making this though as the needles were making my hands hurt, but  I have to admit that it wasn’t until tonight that I realised I was using a 3.5mm and a 4.0mm needle… fail. Once I discovered this I felt like an idiot, I have to say. I don’t think it’s affected the shape of the shawl too badly though, and I certainly wouldn’t entertain the notion of ripping back.

I love the colours in this project, the yarn is from CountessAblaze, in the colour way “Nerds Prefer Their Rainbows Darker”. I would definitely use this again, and sort of want to have it in a DK weight so that I could make another Crochet My Little Pony. I have several other colour ways from CountessAblaze in my stash – alongside GnomeAcres she’s my favourite Indy yarn dyer – go check them both out if you haven’t already!

I can’t block it just yet though as I don’t have enough pins or big enough blocking mats, so I will have to wait until I can order more – I can’t wait to see what this will look like when it’s fully completed! I only have nine squares for the mats and the wingspan of the shawl will be pretty big when it’s complete, so yeah, more mats needed.

The pattern is really easy to follow, much better than the “Lonely Tree” as well as this one you can keep going until you’ve decided you’ve had enough. Because of this I started weighing the yarn quite a lot when I joined in the second skein so that I could try and make sure that I wouldn’t run out during the cast off. It ended up that I had nine grams of yarn left, which I’m not entirely sure what I’m going to do with…

There’s not much to add for the time being, except that the next project up will be some Chikini’s; clothing/tabards for rescued battery hens.

Advertisements